No Going Back – an action to reclaim the streets
Posted On June 21, 2020
There’s No Going Back to the way we were – even when we do come out of lock down, people will be unsure about being in crowds.
- People need space and clean fresh air
- We want to enjoy our lovely old town
- We need spaces to sit outside to hear the rustle of leaves and birds
- We need to meet up with old friends and new acquaintances for coffee and a cake
- We need to chat without shouting over traffic!
On Saturday 20th June 2020, XR Oswestry & Borders said let’s ‘Reclaim The Streets‘ for residents, as well as tourists and deliveries with an action on Oswestry high street. Their message :
Reclaim The Streets FOR LIVING IN!
We can make the streets ‘shared spaces’, so that traffic slows down (we do it all the time in car parks, and before 10 and after 4 in Cross Street and Bailey Street)
Let’s turn our streets into living places – not rat races!